Monday 5 March 2012

Going Leaps & Bounds Towards... Well... A Man Shaped Hole in Your Door



I realise this is my second blog of the evening… But I had people nagging me for part 2 left, right and centre, but I couldn’t possibly miss out writing about a day such as today.

Usually, I would be falling over myself deciding which boy I should “Jokingly” ask to marry me… Sorry, that should say “Half Jokingly”.
As well as messaging any guy I was romantically involved with, in order to propose, I would be texting all my male friends to ask for their hand in marriage as well as posting on Facebook and who knows, I’d probably end up getting down on one knee in the middle of the office in front of some complete stranger that caught my eye.

This year though, I haven’t done anything, well, apart from a witty status update which has been totally ignored…

I guess I must be growing up.

I don’t really understand the tradition to be honest… I mean, I’m all for going dutch on a date and don't get me wrong, I'm all for women's rights etc. etc. etc. But there are some things that should just be left to the man. Any woman who has to resort to waiting for a day that arrives every 4 years… needs to find a new man in my opinion.
I don't know about anyone else, but any males I know would find it totally emasculating...

Where's the excitement?
Where's the surprise?
Well.. there isn't any!
No fooling your partner by jetting him off to Paris on the 28th February, or insisting that the 29th is the perfect date to go and visit the park you first met in or the restaurant you went to on your first date.
HE WILL SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU, YOU CRAZY COW!

Whilst some 32 year olds will use the leap year to celebrate their 8th birthday and some will just be looking forwards to the Olympics… If we are being totally honest with ourselves ladies, there are some men out there who will cower under their desks every 29th February, chomping on their nails waiting for the clock to strike 12.01.

Safe for another 4 years now lads!


No comments:

Post a Comment